Thursday 8 September 2011

I Mean It This Time

I know I've threatened to pull the plug on the online game more times than anybody has threatened to do anything but this time I really think I mean it. Every single freakin' time I've powered out of the blocks, I get this lasso enveloping me and dragging me back again. At the end of August (that's EIGHT months into the year) I was up a measly £340 at the online game. Now, just over a week later, I'm back down to break-even yet again.

Somebody up there has been trying to tell me something and finally, I think I'm ready to listen. I can't remember the amount of times I've fallen back to break-even point. Every time I raise my game and start to climb out of the hole, I then go on a run which tells me it's not to be. AND THIS HAS HAPPENED FOR NEARLY A YEAR!!

Let me spell it out in this blog:

THERE IS NO MONEY TO BE MADE BY CASUAL OR RECREATIONAL PLAYERS, IN THE LONG-TERM, AT ONLINE POKER. 

---------------

This is evident to me now from my own personal experience over the last year. This is from playing quite a large volume of online poker as an amateur player. Maybe I'm just no good anymore or maybe there are too many players getting better.Whatever it is, I've had it with staring at the online poker tables for hours, days, weeks and months and getting zero reward. It's over.

---------------
I'll play out the last $6 or so that I have at PKR and then it really will be so long and thanks for nothing. I'll not blog about what I'll do with that $6 because it's kind of miniscule and negligible - and we both know what's going to happen to it. Then I'll uninstall the software and that'll be the end of online poker as I know it. (Well, at least until the end of the year when the blog will end.)

From now on, it's all about the live game and the live game balance.

That's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment