Friday 18 November 2011

Live Session #62: I Passed The Test

As part of my recuperation process from work, part of my brain has told myself not to play live poker for a while because of my vulnerable state along with the susceptibility of my always answering the call from Bacchus when I'm out on the town. Well, yesterday involved a trip into town with the missus to visit St Pancras train station followed by a look at the British Library - and then, while she did some work there, a solo trip to wherever I felt like going.

Walking, many say, is a good healer for getting your mind straight so I wandered fairly aimlessly until I past a very inviting pub. I settled down for a pint and read some poker literature which, of course, got me in the mood to play some poker. I hopped on the Central Line from Chancery Lane to Marble Arch and strolled up along Edgware Road to The Vic to jump straight into a £1/£1 game. I bought one pint at the bar, played pretty good standard poker and broke even after about an hour and a half of play. The table was really fun with a lot of entertaining characters and it actually turned out to be a really enjoyable evening.

Then came the test...

With the night still young, I decided to walk from Marble Arch to Oxford Circus. While at Oxford Circus, with two pints in me, came the test: do I pop in for one more pint or do I jump on the bus and be happy that I had an enjoyable evening? Well folks, I did wander down one of the lanes just off Oxford Circus and did see many inviting pubs BUT... I rejected Bacchus's call and jumped on that bus!

I passed.

---------------

Today was payday so I deposited a small amount into PKR to play some $0.25/$0.50 and $0.50/$1 and have been having a good time of it. I'm itching to post the hand-history of a hand I played against a poker journalist and very well-respected PKR cash game player, which doubled me up but, other than good old fashioned bragging, there's no real point - and it will jinx me anyway. Needless to say, the online poker playing today has just given me the boost and confidence I need as part of my recuperation process.

I'll be playing a bit more at PKR this evening but that's it for now.

Uncle Wobble.

No comments:

Post a Comment