Wednesday 7 December 2011

Online Effort In December

Last weekend I made a £200 (~$300) deposit into PKR and told myself this was probably going to be the last deposit of the year. I've mainly been playing cash game poker from nl25 to nl100 and have played about 1000 hands. It's been pretty standard where I've made slow and little progress but still confirms to me that the games just ain't getting any easier online and that live games are where it's at. With quite a few bad beats thrown in I'm currently breaking even. However, with two Phase 2 tickets bought with PKR Points about a week ago (value $3.40 x 2), my little Phase campaign of December has been going very well.

Here is my avatar settling into a Phase 4 game, this evening, which I've managed to battle my way up to:

(P.S. I crashed out in 9th place.)

In addition, I've also managed to fight my way up to the Final Phase stage as well and earlier tonight I gave it a blast. I played good, especially in the middle stages of the game, but the cards didn't quite fall for me when it mattered (ain't that always the case?) and I ended up finishing 4th and being awarded with another Final Stage ticket so I can have another crack at it on another day. I suppose you could say I bubbled, but at least the good thing about the Phase games is that you are given consolation prizes:


Phases are ok but do seem to play out in a very similar fashion to the deadly dull "Double or Nothing" games where you just end up playing Fold 'Em poker for the vast majority of the time in the early stages, with it then becoming Shove Fest City in the latter part of the game. You're not exactly playing the player like in good ol' cash games but a kind of maths game which many half-decent players know about anyway. Not really proper poker in my opinion but there it is.
 ---------------
I'll end the post with a short two and a half minute YouTube clip of a comedy sketch which always makes me chuckle. It's a shame that it's interrupted at 1:00 for a few seconds but I don't think it detracts us too much from the humour.

Tommy Cooper All At Sea

Until next time...

Uncle Wobble

No comments:

Post a Comment