Friday 31 December 2010

Final Considerations

 ACTION PLAN FOR 2011
As the starting line approaches, I've made a few adjustments to my initial plans and I just need to outline a few points to show clearly where this is going:

1.   I will start off playing $50nl and $100nl with a starting bankroll of ~$5K.
2.   I may move up to $200nl and make a $3K top-up to bolster the bankroll.
3.   I'll keep to the stakes outlined in my "Bankroll Chart" dated 14th December 2010.
4.   I will start off playing exclusively on the PKR website.
5.   I will blog my progress and put up a progress report at the end of each month.
6.   Progress reports will come in the form of HEM or PokerOfficer graphs.
7.   I'll stick to my "Dos nd Don'ts" list as per my post dated 23rd December 2010.
8.   The only deposit I intend to make, if any, will either be a $1K or $3K top-up.
9.   All bonuses and rakeback payments will be added on as profit.
10. I will also keep a tally of my live results.

NOT A PRO
Please remember that my main source of income comes from  my full-time job in education and I am NOT a professional poker player. I don't put in nearly the volume of hands that is required of a professional player and I probably don't play at the right stakes either; this is why I feel I can be more open about my results. As a predominantly cash game player, my ups and downs will not affect my ability to pay the bills or my lifestyle or standard of living; although it may effect my mood.

Through 2010 I played somewhere in the region of 50K cash game hands. Around 80% of these hands were at $100nl and $200nl and HEM revealed that I was a fairly solid player over that sample. (You can see a breakdown of these results at my "Dividing Up The Results" and "Stats For 2011" posts made on 10th December 2010.) Over the last 3 months I have barely broken even and I'm under no illusions that my results can nosedive - this is why I have slowed right down in December and have mainly been playing $25nl. However, even if my progress starts to plunge it's all about playing my best and just trying to keep the blog interesting for the readers. The challenge is really less about money and more about integrity and making the pathway interesting and fun.
--------------

I hope you will enjoy the journey with me and maybe pop back in from time to time to check my progress while taking a break from the tables. As they say: put your seat belts on, we're in for a bumpy ride!!

No comments:

Post a Comment