Wednesday 27 July 2011

JULY - UPDATE #7 (Part 2)

Yesterday, I ended my post by saying I was depositing £40 on PKR for a bit of a knockabout until the end of the month. Well, I am pleased to say that I've stormed the tables over the last 24 hours or so and, using the wibbly-wobbly way, have turned that $64 deposit into this:


Now this amounts to just shy of £200 meaning I've notched up a tidy £160 profit from yesterday afternoon - but interestingly it puts my update chart onto this:

MONTH--------LIVE POKER---------ONLINE POKER------TOTAL(MTH)---RUNNING TOTAL

January----------   + £960   ----------------   - £520   -----------   + £440   --------- + £440
February---------  + £740   ----------------   + £60    -----------   + £800   --------- + £1240
March------------   - £230   -----------------   + £810  -----------  + £580   ---------- + £1820
April---------------  + £70   ------------------   - £700   -----------   - £630   ---------- + £1190
May--------------   + £370   -----------------   - £90   ------------   + £280   --------- + £1470
June-------------   + £340   ------------------  + £440   ----------   + £780   ---------- + £2250
July----------------  -£415  --------------------   +£160  -------------   -£255  ------------ + £2000

---------------
With the online balance for July adjusted accordingly, my astute readers will now notice that the final figure reads a much more round and friendly £2K - which beats the more higgledy-pickledy figure of £1860 from yesterday. (It also wipes away a few demons and clears the painful £150 loss I endured in my last live session.) The thing is, this presents me with a bit of a dilemma: do I go the amateur way of thinking and cashout the $330, safe in the knowledge that I can take a £2K profit into August? Or should I just throw caution to the wind and carry on playing a bit of online poker as normal?

The thing is, I AM an amateur player - not a pro, so banking the money and enjoying the rest of the month on a nice round number does appeal to me. But isn't it a bit anal? One other thing to consider is the "Progress To Bonus" percentage that you see at the bottom of my vital statistics. This bonus is for $93.65, expires at the beginning of September, and can easily be cleared with leisurely play at $0.5/$1 or above. This little carrot has to be brought into the equation as well.  

Oh well, something to mull over.

No comments:

Post a Comment