Thursday 7 July 2011

A Loss Of Patience

Yep, I've lost patience, once again, with the online game. What has done it for me this time is a series of good but marginal hands losing relentlessly to slightly better ones. This time, rather than carrying on and trying to toughen in out, I just feel that my fuse has already been burst and I really don't feel like keeping my money on the site and continuing any longer. Recently, it's been a turned top two pair losing to a flopped straight from last night (losing a full $100 buy-in) followed by trip aces with a 7 kicker losing to trip aces with a Queen kicker this afternoon (losing about $70).

I know these spots are standard and it's just one of those things but when you play so few hands and only single or double-table, these annoyances can play on your mind and I personally just don't trust myself to be able to stick to my A-game online anymore. In fact, the more I think about it, the more I just think that I need to forget about the online game completely and just focus well and truly on the live game and the live game only - which I think just suits my temperament MUCH more anyway.

So yes, my regular readers know what's coming next... I've just completed a full cashout and, in this case, I've banked £550 for a very small £50 profit in the online game for the month; the only consolation, of course, being that the £50 is actually my yearly online profit!! It means that if I really do hang up the proverbial boots, at least I can say I'm ahead. But, as we've seen before, me giving up the online game just aint gonna happen; I'm bound to crawl back again and some point or other - it's just that at the moment it's driving me round the bloody twist!!

No comments:

Post a Comment