Monday 11 July 2011

Online Poker: Is It Worth It?

For people who work full-time and who don't have time to study the ins and outs of the game then online poker is probably NOT worth it. I've just blown the £50 that I made this year at online poker and am back down to break-even (we're talking after WEEKS of play and around $2000 in rake) and to be honest I've run completely out of patience with the whole damn thing.

Unless you really do know your game or get that really lucky break in a big MTT, I don't think there is serious money to be made online at all. Unfortunately, I think I'm at the point now where it's pointless in really trying. As such, I'm just going to devote myself to the live game from now on and to just having fun doing that.

Bollocks to it.

4 comments:

  1. Come on wobble, if you can beat the game, then making money from online is a million times easier than live, more hands, more spots, generally more fish. It's also far easier to beat variance when you can put more volume in, whereas you can spend numerous live session on the wrong end losing.

    It sounds like your online issue can be solved very easily. I know as a part time grinder (like me) there is no thrill in playing very small stakes. However, starting with a proper bankroll, at say 50nl, learning to multi table 4 plus tables, and building from there, should see you crunch through. And maintain motivation by having monthly profit targets.

    Your always going to get board 1 tabling on line, and go through boring periods, which is why god in invented multitable!! I have only just really adjusted to 9 table, and it makes playing only 4 unbearable, let alone 1!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the advice JJ. You're right, small stakes poker (50nl or below) is just dull and multi-tabling properly is something I've never really jumped into whole-heartedly.

    Depending on how Vegas goes for me, I may plan a serious multi-table campaign... but I I'll need to really be prepared as I still think online is a LOT tougher than live games.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting?I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style. Thanks a million and please keep up the effective work. 369 Ufa

    ReplyDelete