Tuesday 30 August 2011

AUGUST - UPDATE #8

This month has been all about Vegas and over the next couple of weeks, starting from tomorrow, I will be doing a retrospective trip report of what I got up to and how I fared at the tables on a daily basis. I also wish to post a screenshot of all the $1 chips I collected along the way and I'll try to get that done later on today.

In the meantime, it's that time of the month again - when I need to post up my monthly results so without fiurther ado, here is the news:

MONTH--------LIVE POKER---------ONLINE POKER------TOTAL(MTH)---RUNNING TOTAL

January----------   + £960   ----------------   - £520   -----------   + £440   --------- + £440
February---------  + £740   ----------------   + £60    -----------   + £800   --------- + £1240
March------------   - £230   -----------------   + £810  -----------  + £580   ---------- + £1820
April---------------  + £70   ------------------   - £700   -----------   - £630   ---------- + £1190
May--------------   + £370   -----------------   - £90   ------------   + £280   --------- + £1470
June-------------   + £340   ------------------  + £440   ----------   + £780   ---------- + £2250
July----------------  -£220  --------------------   +£100  -------------   -£120  ------------ + £2130
August-------------  +£285  ------------------  +£240  -------------- +£525  ------------ +£2655

---------------
On the live poker front I guess I played it quite safe while out in Sin City, particularly towards the end of the tour where I chose to protect my early success and not to take any huge risks. Maybe, if I didn't have to report back via the blog, I may have thrown more caution to the wind but there it is. On my next visit to Vegas it will be more about longer sessions in my favourite poker rooms, hopefully at higher stakes and/or with higher buy-ins, and less about cramming in so many sessions at so many poker rooms along the strip.

My online poker stint, this month, occured at the beginning of the month while holidaying in Bournemouth and also had the element of protecting an early success about it. Again, next year, when I end the blog experiment, it may be more about playing a higher volume of hands and not having such a "nitty" attitude to the balance and the bankroll thing.
---------------
September will see some interesting changes. First off, after a six week break, I'll be back to work on the 5th and diving back into another academic year. Although it's always hard to return to work after such a long break, there's only one way to treat the return after such a cracking summer and that's to be 100% positive about the whole thing. 

Secondly, in the middle of the month, the daughters will be packing off to university and flying from the nest to get their first taste of independence. This means there'll be a lot less distractions around the house and will hopefully allow me to focus on developing a heavier multi-tabling approach to the online game.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment