Monday 1 August 2011

JULY - UPDATE #7 (Final Part)

Yes, we are now into the lovely month of August and it looks like summer has finally arrived in the UK at last! Unfortunately, I still haven't learnt my lesson in holding back from doing monthly updates until right at the end of the month and I've now gone and done four of these which is a bit ridiculous to be honest. (It's because I don't intend to play more poker until the start of the next month, when doing the update, but end up playing anyway.) My last live session of the month occured yesterday and because it was a positive one, I'm keen to include the results on the July tally because it just makes the results look healthier - you know how it is: 

MONTH--------LIVE POKER---------ONLINE POKER------TOTAL(MTH)---RUNNING TOTAL

January----------   + £960   ----------------   - £520   -----------   + £440   --------- + £440
February---------  + £740   ----------------   + £60    -----------   + £800   --------- + £1240
March------------   - £230   -----------------   + £810  -----------  + £580   ---------- + £1820
April---------------  + £70   ------------------   - £700   -----------   - £630   ---------- + £1190
May--------------   + £370   -----------------   - £90   ------------   + £280   --------- + £1470
June-------------   + £340   ------------------  + £440   ----------   + £780   ---------- + £2250
July----------------  -£220  --------------------   +£100  -------------   -£120  ------------ + £2130

--------------- 

In all, it was a fairly quiet month on the poker front really with very little online poker activity taking place. However, my recent online dabble, which saw me pull in £100 towards the end of the month, certainly helped me get things back on track psycholigically. Meanwhile, on the live game front, the £400 loss back on the 15th took a hell of a lot of wind out of my sails. Thankfully, that live session yesterday cushioned the blow and steadied the ship, just a little bit, at the right time. 

I have nearly finished Jared Tendler's "The Mental Game of Poker" and really think that, after carrying out the exercises, will be better equipped to face the long spells of run-bad and be a lot stronger on the mental level. (A review of the last 3 chapters will follow by the way.)  

As far as August goes, I've mixed feelings about diving into the fray for the first half of the month. Yes, on the one hand, I am off work and have the ideal time to immerse myself in the game BUT, on the other, I really want to be fresh and hungry for Vegas and want to take out a healthy balance also when I head on out there on the 17th.

Uncle Wobble. 

No comments:

Post a Comment