Saturday 27 August 2011

Last Day In Vegas

It's my last day in Vegas folks and it's the winding down process. Poker proceedings have been called to a halt after I've locked up a $500 profit and blew the "surplus" $122 yesterday at Bally's after my nut flush ran into a full-house, followed by a tilt-induced all-in on a flush draw which didn't hit!

Tonight, it's the Penn & Teller show at the Rio but not after I've picked up a few souvenirs and downed a few beers and had my last roam of the strip. I've got $400 of my budget left which means I guess I've got to see if I can spin up a few $$s at the blackjack tables. I guess it'll be a bit surly to come to Vegas and NOT engage in a bit of -ev gambling! (Don't worry, I don't think I'll be risking more that $100.) I've done a few photos so I'll be putting them up on the blog when I get back.

So, after a disappointing end to my poker tour with a nasty cooler and then a tilt-induced all-in with a flush draw, I don't think I need be downhearted. My great start has more than made up for this and with all 20 poker rooms visited and loads of memories it's been an amazing trip.

Tomorrow, it's the long flight back. I think the plane will do a circular route around the outskirts of Hurricane Irene so that's fine. My next post will be done when I get back to ol' London Town.

Until then...

Uncle Wobble. 

No comments:

Post a Comment