Thursday 25 August 2011

All You Need Is Love!

Ok peeps, a full trip report will be forthcoming on my return to blighty but in the meantime, with just the Thursday evening and the Friday and Saturday to go, I may have reached poker-playing overload.

Anyway, to ease the pressure I have visited the box office at Mirage and bought myself a ticket for the "Love" show AND the Rio for the Penn & Teller show. Also, while travelling back from the Fremont Experience today I looked up at the Stratosphere ride that swings you around from god knows how many feet and I decided that I'd like to TAKE THAT RIDE!! Tomorrow I think I just may be up there!

On the poker front, although up nealry $800 on Tuesday night, recent progress has been slow and I'm now down to $622 profit (with $30 on my rewards cards). This leaves me with a dilemma: (1) Do I go the stop-loss option and give myself just $122 to play poker and as a worse case scenario leave Vegas a $500 winnner? (2) Or, should I just throw caution to the win and buy in for full amounts and try to win big against the wild weekenders in true Vegas fashion?

Unfortunately, part of me says that the loss will give me more pain than the win will give me happiness so it just may be the former. One of these days I'll just break through that barrier and become a baller or a crusher instead rather than an ordinary small-timer.

Anyway, after all this walking around on this non-poker day today (Stratosphere, Riviera, Circus Circus, Fremont Experience, Rio, Gold Coast Palms to get the $1 chips) it's a 24 ounce Miller Light and off to the Hash House A Go Go for a big fat dinner and a read of Bluff magazine.

I reckon I'll just take out that $122, oh AND I've still got the $100 sit-down at blackjack to treat myself to.

Vegas Baby! Vegas!!


No comments:

Post a Comment