Wednesday 3 August 2011

Tony G - Up To His Old Tricks.

We're now just three days into August and things are going well for me both in poker and in life. I'm currently holidaying in the sunny seaside town of Bournemouth and am having a really relaxing time consisting mainly of playing online poker, watching TV and being out in the sun to visit old haunts and sitting down with sparkling pints while re-reading Schmidt's "Don't Listen To Phil Hellmuth."

Now I know it's results-orientated thinking, and it may or may not have anything to do with the purchase of my latest book acquisition (Tendler's "The Mental Game of Poker") but since said book has arrived, my results have been nothing but positive. My last live cash-game session saw me win a £400+ pot to help me secure a profit of around £200 on the session, and I have also been flying with my online poker exploits.

Online, I have been playing nl25-nl100 (with a few Phase SnGs thrown in) and have been doing very well; it's a small sample size but here is my progress for the month so far:


Now I know this is a very small sample and that if Tendler were really my mental game coach he would be appalled at me for posting up graphs and thinking about results, but (being a huge egomaniac at heart) I just wanted to celebrate a good start to the month. I really, honestly want to start thinking and writing more about qualitative results in the future - Tendler would approve more of that. Still, I'm convinced that some of what he wrote MUST have rubbed off on me and I'm really feeling good about the game at the moment.
---------------
So there it is. Ok, that was all me me me. Here's an interesting clip which was posted on the PKR forum where, between 17:30 and 26:20, you can see Tony G up to his old tricks again and where he comes up with a pretty low angle-shooting move against Hellmuth. (Give it time to stream by the way; it takes a while.) For me, it was a legal move by Tony G but a bit below-the-belt.

For me, it does show:

(1) That you must stay sharp at the table and be on the look out for angle-shooters.
(2) That you shouldn't trust ANYONE at the poker table. (Apparently they're friends!)
(3) That despite the move, it's good TV and Tony G does a good job in entertaining the masses.
(4) That we really do live in a dog eat dog world . 
---------------
Ok, time for a stroll with good ol' Dusty Schmidt in tow.

No comments:

Post a Comment