Saturday 23 April 2011

Goodbye PKR. Hello 888 and Paddy!

Ok, well I'm afraid the nail in the PKR coffin has finally been hammered in and I have (almost) emigrated to the two new sites. The last straw came after a cash game session wiped $90 from my bankroll. I held AQ and flopped Top Pair Top Kicker while my villain held AA and I just couldn't get away from the hand. Nope, I just aint clicking anymore on the ol' PKR so I've made my new home at 888Poker and Paddy Power Poker.

I say "almost" because I still have a few PKR points and the PKRL6 Final Stage Satellite ticket worth $162 in my account; plus a small rakeback payment due in early May. I know a continual cycle of depositing and withdrawing is bad so I've made my last withdrawal from PKR and will distribute that amount in my 888 and Paddy accounts. As I'm back in London (and looked up my forgotten Party Poker password) I had considered depositing the rest of the PKR balance in there - but I think the two I'm on at present offer me plenty of action for the time being.

Profit-wise, after swings and roundabouts at both MTTs and cash games I still have my initial "new" £2K starting bankroll intact so no change there. I know it's early days but, with a nice MTT final table and a few comfortable cash game tables, early indications show that possibly 888Poker may be where the main action is from now on. Tonight will be my last real chance to play a decent live game session before I have to get back on the treadmill so I think The Empire will be calling as we approach the evening. As long as I ignore the call of The Fox I think I'll be ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment