Saturday 30 April 2011

Poker Tonight

Yesterday, I wrote about the end of my online poker career where days of depositing large sums and attempting to spin up the bankroll through the daily grind are over. This is not to say that I won't make the odd one-shot deposit for the odd juicy-looking MTT or for the occasional satellite or two, but the long-term grind at the cash game tables is a thing of the past (for now at least). As a "gesture of intent," I made a full cashout of funds from both 888Poker and Paddy Power yesterday.

This weekend is a long weekend due to the royal wedding and the bank holiday Monday - and I'm really up for some live game sessions. This evening, I plan to hit the town and to see which poker room my mood will take me. It will probably be a cash game session at The Empire but The Vic for some £1/£1 is also a possibility after the success of last time. On Monday, as I mentioned before, there is a tempting looking £150+£10 freezeout at The Fox starting at 3PM which gives the player a 15000 chip starting stack and a 30 minute clock. In fact, I may sign-up for this, over-the-counter, while I'm in town tonight.

Finally, I have a decision to make over whether I should continue to show full and transparent details of my profits and losses. I know that doing this makes my blog unique(?) compared to other poker blogs where players just show short-term winnings and don't reveal the long-term scoreboard but I'm really questioning whether I should continue doing this. I know it makes the journey much more interesting for all parties but these swings aren't fiction and a £1000 downswing in 6 weeks still hurts; if I get hit with a similar one over the coming months, I really don't know if that is information I want shared.  Rest assured though people I am still in a 4-figure profit this year (just) but that could easily change tonight.

In fact tonight's session is crucial, we're all a bit fickle by nature and a lot of decisions are made depending on mood. Tonight's result will, therefore, probably have a bearing on my decision; if it's a success I'll probably go right on ahead and keep the profit and loss score going but if I get a £400 wipe-out it will more than likely be game over with the scorecard as well! In any case, whatever decision I make, I will let ya know later today or tomorrow but I'll still make sure I post an update for April (cry). This way, I can then concentrate on the month of May and move onward, upward, round the corner with Bob being yer uncle and Fanny being yer Aunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment