Sunday 6 February 2011

Better - A Good Week

Thanks, in part, to a welcome rakeback boost of $170, it's been a good week overall with my online game finally gathering some sort of momentum. Even though I've suffered the usual setback of terrible villains hitting their draws, despite making it wrong for them to chase, I've generally managed to get rewarded with the big hands and have been playing quite well.

The real change in fortune came today where I secured around a $200 profit at the nl100 and nl200 online cash games along with another cash finish in the $5K ADDED MTT for Gold+ members for a $100 profit. All of which means that things seem to be getting back on track. But let's not get carried away eh? Here is my exit hand in that MTT where my lovely AA got cracked by 33. (I'll just put in the second part of the Hand History as the first just takes up space):



It's got a familiar ring to it don't you think? I can't remember the last time I actually won with AA! Still, it's nice to know that the villain in this hand, the plunderer of treasures, made good use of the chips as you can see:


Remember, with the fluctuating exchange rate being as it is, bear in mind that the following figures are approximate:

__________________________________________________________________________
ONLINE: WEEK 5: +$450 (~£270)  / FEBRUARY  +$450 (~£270)  / YEAR: -$410 (~£260)
LIVE: WEEK 5: +£10 (~$15)  / FEBRUARY +£10 (~$15)  / YEAR: +£970 (~$1495)
TOTAL: WEEK 5: +£280 (~$465)  / FEBRUARY +£280 (~$465)  / YEAR +$1085 (~£700)
---------------

Of course, we all know that it's long-term and a long way to go and that anything can happen but it's nice to see my poker earnings touch the $1K mark for the year. I just need to work on the online game now to get that figure out of the red and into the green.Who knows what the next week will bring? 

No comments:

Post a Comment