Thursday 10 February 2011

Excitement At $400nl

Ok, so I decided to mess with the big boys tonight and tried my hand, for the first time this year, at a little bit of $2/$4 online. I really didn't play many hands at the $400nl game tonight but got my stack all-in twice. They were automatic, no-brainer all-ins really and there was nothing particularly remarkable about them but it was nice to get involved with the rhyming hippopotamus (Hand #2)...

Hand #1:

Hunky-dory, tickety-boo...

Ok, despite my unorthodox flat call on the flop allowing the possible flush draw to hit, it was all pretty much standard stuff. What about this next one?

Hand #2


Once again, flat calling may be the questionable play here but surely oneplaner's small, mid-position, raise was also a little suspect? Here's how it went post-flop:


I think this is fairly standard myself and after the turn there's no other move than to chuck 'em all-in. Oneplaner did mention my lead-out in the chatbox for some reason but I think he must have been just muckin' about. I just post these really cos this was my first shot at $400nl this year and the hands were kinda interesting as I put relatively big stacks on the line. All part of the fun though innit?

No comments:

Post a Comment