Saturday 26 February 2011

A Seat To The Masters: So Near Yet So Far.

The Masters is PKR's main event but at $270, a direct buy-in is a bit beyond my bankroll. For me, I buy Masters Stage 2 tickets with points and see if I can qualify from there. Tonight, I came very close indeed after playing in a Masters Stage 3 satellite (the one that gets you the $270 seat) but got knocked out after going all-in pre-flop with KK with only six players left. As the flop came down and I saw the ace, I knew it was curtains and so took a screenshot of it for the album: 


Lo and behold, the turn and river didn't help and the villain (not the SB mind you) showed A3! You really do get quality opponents at these satellites, you really do. I'm pretty sure I could have romped home and claimed my seat had my KKs held up. Still, I just grabbed a screenshot of the lobby screen to show that at least I got some dollars back for my efforts:


Hmm, woulda rather nabbed the seat though.

No comments:

Post a Comment