Monday 7 February 2011

Buying Tickets With Points

As you play online poker, most sites, if not all, give you points; the more you play on the site the more points they reward you with. The points can be used to buy products or, more usefully, tickets to their tournaments. As the points themselves do not really cost any money, and are essentially glorified rakeback, I'm not counting the purchase of these tickets against my balance and instead will view these as "freebies." The great thing with this system is that if I do cash something nice, it gets added onto the balance which makes this a win/win situation! (The value of any tickets in my account will NOT be added to my total - I need to actually WIN cold, hard cash for it to be counted!)

Thus far, all my PKR points have gone on tickets to either standard MTTs, satellites or "phase" tournies. This year will be no exception and I will mainly be using my points to buy tickets for the Masters Stage 2 satellites as I think these offer good value. (My only previous cash in The Masters was through the satellites after I purchased a ticket.) As I type this I'm doing rather well in one right now. Here's a screenshot I took of the lobby during the break:


If only I could end up in this postion at the end of the main event huh? Waddya reckon here? Fold to the seat?
---------------
P.S. Ok, folding to a seat was not an option but I still managed to book my seat to Stage 3 with some ducking and diving:


HURRAH!

With enough points to get five more Masters Stage 2 satellite tickets, and encouraged by this little success, I think entering these is definitely the way to go. Masters Final Table - here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment