Tuesday 8 March 2011

Lots Of Graphs (Online Play In The Spotlight)

After investing $89 in the full version of the poker tracking software known as Holdem Manager, I'm feeling a little put-out that it's just not collecting my hand-histories from the PKR folder at the moment - and so currently it's completely useless. I'm sure that a little fiddle will put it right but, at present, I'm just relying on PokerOfficer.

Now that the dust has settled and my online game is almost getting back to break-even for the year (it'll go down now that I've mentioned this), I feel that, as promised, it's only right to throw up my graphs for the year. Now I know that I said I'd do this on a monthly basis but, to be honest, I was so deflated after the January debacle that I kind of put this idea on the back-burner.

Those who have been following my load of old twaddle will know that merging files through my PokerOfficer software only corrupts the data so I'm afraid I have to put up my laptop results and PC results up separately. I'm not going to show how I've got on at each level because that's just too long-winded and boring but, rest assured, most of these hands are at nl100 or nl200. I'll still preface each graph with a little introduction to explain the figures. First let's look at the month of death:

Graphs 1 & 2 - JANUARY
Hands Played at nl2 - nl25 = 51
Hands Played at nl50 = 395
Hands Played at nl100 = 3675
Hands Played at nl200 = 1198

Total Hands Played = 5319

Graphed Profit/Loss = -$430
Actual Profit/Loss = -$860

Explanation
Although the graphs have me down at just $430, I know I was down twice this much for the month. I know, for sure, that I exited the table immediately on seeing my AA lose to AK in a hand at a $200nl game which caused me to lose a buy-in. In this case PokerOfficer would not have captured the hand; you need to let the PKR software run its course between hands for the hand-history to be fully recorded. I must have done this on more than one occasion as the data just does not quite match reality. The laptop graph should, therefore, definitely have me down at least an extra $200.

LAPTOP GRAPH


PC GRAPH


Graphs 3 & 4 - FEBRUARY
Hands Played at nl2 - nl25 = 89
Hands Played at nl50 =372
Hands Played at nl100 =1664
Hands Played at nl200 = 962
Hands Played at nl400 = 40

Total Hands Played =3127

Graphed Profit/Loss = $336
Actual Profit/Loss = +$100

Explanation
This was my "steadying of the ship" month. Not many hands played, for sure, but a lack of confidence at the beginning of February would be the reason for this. A poor performance at MTTs would probably account for the difference between "graphed profits" and "actual profits" and the $170 rakeback payment would be a contributory factor as well. Oh, I may have dabbled with a few blackjack hands also.


LAPTOP GRAPH


PC GRAPH



Graph 5 - MARCH (SO FAR)
Hands Played at nl2 - nl25 = 17
Hands Played at nl50 = 98
Hands Played at nl100 = 290
Hands Played at nl200 =317

Total Hands Played = 718

Graphed Profit/Loss = $554
Actual Profit/Loss = $670

Explanation
I've not yet played any online poker on the PC yet this month so no graph for that obviously. This month has been fandabidozie thus far and it's a gradual climb out of the mire but let's not get complacent. I've taken the liberty of including an anticipated rakeback payment of ~$130 to my "Actual Profit" figure here because with the date now at 8th March, this really should have been paid in by now. I also grabbed just over $100 in the $5K ADDED on Sunday. Still, it's been fairly even Steven on the MTT front overall.

LAPTOP GRAPH


There you have it. With my online losses presently standing at just £60 for the year, I guess I have to be positive about completing my repair job to the "month of death" but let's just wait and see eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment