Wednesday 18 May 2011

A Dip Back Into The Online Pool

After depositing £120 ($180) into my PKR account last Saturday and then bragging about how well I had spun it up, last night I proceeded to spin it right back down again to just under what I started with ($165).

Sometimes this is just what poker is: you get into the zone and the cash just starts to gravitate towards you like a magnet and you feel great - then very soon you get the comedown where absolutely NOTHING goes right for you and you just fall back down to earth with a bump leaving you wondering what the hell it's all about and whether the whole damn thing is even worth it!

The idea is that you win in the long run but, I tell you right now, when you're looking to just break-even in that long run and it spans the good part of half a year or even going on a whole year, you really have to start asking yourself some serious questions.   

--------------- 

Tonight, at The Fox, there is a £110 qualifier for an entry into the PKR Live 6 Main Event. I am so tempted to play in this it's unbelievable but qualification would mean having to, at least, tell a porkie pie to my employer to get the afternoon off - and this is really not something I want to do.

Nevertheless, I am thinking of taking out that $165 from my PKR account and counting that as payment to enter the qualifier tonight (meaning it won't count against my live profit/loss figure) but I just don't know.

We'll see, we'll see... 

No comments:

Post a Comment