Tuesday 17 May 2011

PKR Live 6 - Side Events

I've just opened up an email from The Fox Club which contained this schedule of events:


Funnily enough, I never realised it was a 2PM kick-off for the Day 1s of the main event which means I would have had to have taken a day off work anyway if I qualified - and as a teacher, this would have involved throwing a sickie which I don't really like doing (on those extremely rare occasions I do). It's probably just as well anyway but means I'll have to count myself out of having a pop at those qualifiers as well. Which is a shame.

Still though, as it might be a good craic, this does leave open the possibilty of grabbing a seat for the £110 and/or the £160 side event(s) on the Saturday and Sunday. Although the structures aren't great, these are very tempting indeed and it's going to be hard to resist at least going in for one. Perhaps a trip to The Empire on the Friday or the Saturday will be in order and I'll enter one or both of these depending on how well I get on at those cash game tables.

I wonder why there is zero advertising for these at the PKR site?

---------------
P.S. Looking like it'll be the Sunday Side Event for me. The structure is a lot better than the Saturday one and just the one MTT per weekend is enough for an oldie like me. It actually starts at 3PM (the start time on the chart is a typo) and I think it'll be a nice way to pass a Sunday afternoon. Friday or Saturday will be cash games at The Empire but I will stay well away from cash games at The Fox. To be honest, I think my biggest challenge over the weekend will be to stay sober.  

No comments:

Post a Comment