Friday 20 May 2011

Live Session #27 (A Non-Event)

So it was a trip to The Fox, after all, for the last chance of a place at PKR Live 6 through their £55 rebuy qualifier. Being the only player to rebuy at the start for an extra 4000 chips, I got off to a smashing start where the chips came my way like iron filings to a magnet. I then proceeded to go card dead for the rest of the evening and never really had the opportunities to build on my early success. With 6 places available and down to 21 runners I was down to about 8BBs but with everyone around the table on or around about 10BBs it was really the crapshoot stage. At this point it was folded to me in the cut-off when I looked down at A8s - and as this was the best hand I had in hours I shoved all-in but then got the call from the SB who flipped over KK. End of. With £50 donated for an add-on at the break, this meant a £155 loss.

Overall, the actual atmosphere seemed a rather sombre affair but, of course, that's because I'm comparing it to the madness that was the PKR social where people let their hair down. No doubt the difference between an £80 entry and a £750 entry was a contributory factor as well. Familiar faces and names like Twister86, Japete, Kickofff, flesicher123, Rhymenoceros, WongaMan, PirateNation and vd12345 were all in evidence but there also seemed to be a hell of a lot of unknowns as well.

Over the weekend, as it's part of the PKR event, I plan to give the £160 freezeout a whirl at The Fox on Sunday at 3PM. However, if my excursion into the cash game arena ends in a big disaster tonight or tomorrow, I might have to think twice about throwing myself into a poker game on Sunday as well.

Today is Day 1B of PKR Live 6 and with the possibility of a lot of the Day 1A players lingering, there is a high possibility that I will be seeing them tonight at the cash game tables either at The Fox or The Empire. (Although I'll probably avoid The Fox.) And there's certain to be a few PKRL6 dropouts hanging around for cash games on the Saturday as well. Oh well, bring it on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment