Saturday 21 May 2011

Live Session #28 (Short and Sweet)

Today was not really the "feast" of poker I had in mind. First off, it was a trip into town for a haircut followed by a meet-up in the pub with the missus. This was followed by meeting up with the daughters at a bus stop (they were about 45 minutes late), another beer at a different pub and then a meal at our favourite Chinese restaurant in Chinatown.

All this meant I didn't get to The Empire until about 10PM  - but with luck on my side early doors it turned out ok. With £350 in chips brought to the table I look down at KK in mid-position after just a few hands have been dealt. I zonk in an £8 raise and get a call from the BB. The flop comes K 9 x with two spades and my villain chucks in a raise of £28. With this, he shows me his stack which amounts to about £130. I take a while to decide what to do and sense he's getting impatient so I take a little while longer before announcing my raise to £60. He then chucks in his entire stack and I snap-call. Bosh! The 9 hits the turn giving me the full-house and a tidy £170 profit after just 5 minutes at the table. (I think he had the flush draw.) I then just chug along for about an hour or so before deciding to cut and run with a £500 stack and a £150 profit on the night. I think I just got a bit tired and was happy to recoup the loss from the qualifier on Thursday night.

After this, I wandered over to The Fox, at about 11PM, to see how the PKRL6 was getting on but didn't really recognise any of the faces at the final three tables or so. There were loads of cash games going on but I just felt that the vibe wasn't right to get involved so I left pretty sharpish. I did expect to see a lot more familiar faces from PKRL5 and The Social but there just weren't the familiar faces around. Oh, I did say a brief hello to UWillLose but that's about it.

The next thing now is to decide whether to go back to The Fox tomorrow at 3PM for the £160 freezeout or just to pocket the £150 and stick to cash games for a while. If I register it'll almost seem like freerolling with the £150 I made today but, there again, I think I'll feel a bit fed up if I lose another £160 to another bleedin' MTT! (Even if it is part of a PKR event.)

No comments:

Post a Comment