Sunday 8 May 2011

The Spirit Of Vegas Is Calling

Way back on the 3rd February I wrote a post about going to Las Vegas and now that I've finally got round to renewing my passport, booking the trip through expedia is just a few clicks away. I was originally going to fly to Vegas for the Easter period but, of course, being lazy and not getting my passport together meant that opportunity has passed me by.

Now although being in the teaching profession in the UK means about 13 weeks of holidays a year, it also means that it's never going to be possible to get to the WSOP while I'm in full-time education. And being contracted to work from June to late-ish July means that that avenue of pleasure is cut off. Work eh? With the windows of opportunity to go to Vegas this year severely narrowed down then, and with a summer trip being out of the question (I have 6 weeks off over the summer months but I reckon Vegas will just be too hot), it looks like a trip over the Autumn half-term is in order. I want to do the trip THIS year for the blog.

My little opportunity, then, occurs from Saturday 22nd October to Sunday 30th October this year. Now I really want to enjoy a jet-lag free weekend in Sin City so it looks like I'll be jetting off on the morning of Sunday 23rd of October and then returning on the morning of Sunday 30th October to get back at around midnight (BST) on the Sunday. (It's an inset day on the Monday so although I'll be severely jet-lagged at least they'll be no students to face.)  That way, I'll be able to round off the trip with a full and relaxed, stress-free, Friday and Saturday.  

The place of stay looks like Bill's Gambling Hall which is not exactly one of the biggies and not particularly plush but located right slap bang in the thick of things and gives easy access to all the favourites like The Bellagio, The Venetian, Mirage and Bally's, all of which I'm very keen to visit. At the time of writing, the trip (including the flight and hotel) comes to £800 which seems pretty reasonable.

The call is very strong, very strong indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment