Sunday 12 June 2011

Chug Chug Chuggin' Along

With a $1K deposit made last week and with a view to playing just the $0.25/$50 cash games at PKR throughout the month of June, things have developed very much in my favour thus far. The plan was to attempt to clear away some of the £440 online poker deficit this year and, with a few unplanned forays up to the $0.50/$1 and $1/$2 limits, I have achieved much of this goal by making a cool £400 through the week. It means that after playing just around 1.5K hands this month I am now just £40 down for the year.

Coupling this with my live game action for June, and winnings of £560, I am having a great month. (I just hope I haven't jinxed it with this post.) Interestingly, it's the low limit games, where I'm playing 50NL games or less, that are hurting me the most. Here is my PokerOfficer graph for the cash games I've played on the laptop that are between 4NL and 50NL:


So that's a $114 loss. On the other hand, here is the PokerOfficer graph for my 100nl-200nl games that show a $745 profit:


Both graphs show that I've played around 600 hands in each and although it's a very small sample size, it doesn't take an Einstein to work out where I really should be playing. Actually, this analysis chimes in with stats from earlier sessions in the year (and last year as well) which simply shows that I just shouldn't be playing games below 100nl.  

Anyway, I'm still feeling a bit groggy from the Friday session so they'll be no more live game action this weekend. I think it'll probably be a case of a few small buy-in online MTTs for a change today.

No comments:

Post a Comment