Friday 17 June 2011

Live Poker Tonight

Everything is going hunky-dory for me at the moment. It's Friday afternoon here at work which means I'm out the door for the weekend in about 2 hours time. Online poker is going really well for me as is the live game and overall I'm up to well over £1K in profit for the month. Not only that but it's payday today! Oh yeah!!

So with everything going smoothly, a trip into town tonight for some live poker action is in order. This brings me to the "type" of game I should be going for. Well, I've been doing pretty damn well in the MTTs at The Fox recently so their £33 freezeout is a definite possibility. I've got a pretty strange image there as the wild, drunk nutter - who tips generously - so I could play around with this for a bit of fun.

Then there are the crazy £1/£2 games at The Empire. This will involve staying off the booze for a more sober approach but with a £300-£400 buy-in the variance will be wilder. Finally there is the middle ground and the £1/£1 cash games at either The Golden Nugget or The Vic (or maybe The Fox - depending on the vibe). This game has been quite comfortable so far this year and is a fairly "safe" option so I'll just see where the mood takes me.

---------------

P.S. The time is 4:10PM and I've just arrived home. I'm feeling pretty knackered and the weather is damn awful so I'm going for one of my afternoon siestas. I'll see how I feel about my above plan after I've woken from my nap.

P.P.S. Ok, I've woken from my nap with the time at 6:10PM so that rules out the 7PM freezeout at The Fox. The weather still looks pretty gloomy so I may even knock the Friday evening live poker idea on the head completely but I'll see how I feel over the next hour or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment