Sunday 19 June 2011

June Experiment Complete

With the self-fulfilling prophecy of doom that I've brought about for myself after all my previous brag posts, I've naturally succumbed to a not-so-good session this afternoon and, as such, I'm knocking my June experiment on the head. I've cashed out exactly the £440 profit that I've made this month and this puts me on exactly break-even point at online poker this year. That's ok, I can live with that.

The final hand that did it for me is the one you're about to see as a hand-history below. It would look much better as a sixth street screenshot (try saying that quickly) but I forgot to hit the "Prt Scr" button at the time so you'll have to make do with the hand-history:


(P.S. I accidentally cut off the last bit but you get the idea.)

Of course you could question my passive flop play but I make no apologies - checking a set is standard on a rainbow flop and I was drawing to a full-house as well. With Aman going all-in on the turn the money is going all-in anyway. Still, it signals the end of my online stint for June, but I'm not really complaining; I've managed to achieve my goal.

As I sit here with my cream cheese bagel and Dorito and dips for Sunday afternoon poker then, it looks like it'll be the freeroll freezeout for Gold+ members on the ol' PKR site. I've got around 30K in PKR points as well so that'll put me up for a few Masters Stage 2 satellites so at least I can keep my hand in for a little while longer.

As it happens, everything is still tickity-boo; my live balance and online balance are on nice round figures (albeit a fat round 0 for the online game) and I reckon I need a break from poker for a little bit anyway. It just means that I'll be spending more time levelling up my mage and playing time-wasting computer games instead than actually working on the "proper" game of poker but hey-ho, we all need a break once in a while innit?

No comments:

Post a Comment