Wednesday 8 June 2011

Another Parp On The Trumpet

The last time I did a brag post about hitting the £2K mark it was way back in mid-March. Unfortunately, my fortunes changed after that where, by the end of April, my balance had plummeted to a not-so-good £1.2K. Fortunately, with the help of solid live game play and a jackpot hand today online, my poker balance, this year, has risen back up and surpassed the £2K mark once again. (That's 3 months of break-even poker baby!) The milestone was revisited today after a 3-way all-in at a $1/$2 online cash game which brought me in a net profit of $336 (~£200) which is my biggest online pot of the year so far and which ended like this:


A great one for the album, for sure, but I thought I may have been done for when that spade hit the river. For anyone interested this is how the hand played out:


No worries, the rainbow flop means I can slowplay this no problem but I need to be careful if the board pairs:


My raise on the turn to inflate the pot was necessary to put my opponents to a decision. It's nice because it serves two deceptive functions: (1) It looks like a squeeze play and (2) It looks like I'm making a move with fold equity while holding a flush draw; that's maybe why we had an all-in from r0b. The all-in on the turn by Spnage with bottom two pair has to be questionable play, with such aggression before him, but does vindicate my decision to slowplay the flop. Nevertheless, I was very happy to see the chips come my way by the end of the hand. In fact, I managed to end this particular session with a very respectable $575 or so.

So there it is. I guess I just can't resist a little $1/$2 when I get a little stuck at the low stakes games but at least online poker is doing well for me for a change. Now, as I said before, last time I did a self-congratulatory post like this my balance took a nose-dive. Come to think of it, I bemoaned the fact that I had a parents' evening the next day as well and waddya know? I got a parents' evening tomorrow. Well, at least it's the last one of the year - maybe this time I should just go right on out and just try to enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment