Tuesday 11 January 2011

$10 - Allow It

After a steady 216 hand session of single-tabling $100nl this evening, I'm continuing to chug along nicely. I'm very pleased to report that there was no digging of holes and my solid play was rewarded. One interesting occurrence though was the appearance of my best ranked hand of the year so far. I won't bore you with the hand-history but will just post a screenshot of the aforementioned hand:


Not particularly interesting, I know, as I'm only using one of my hole cards and not much money is involved but one for the album nevertheless. It's a monster hand in early position and I think I did ok to get $15 out of it.

One thing that has been kind of bothering me since the start of the year is the fact that even though my starting bankroll was $5k, I actually started with $5010. Now it may seem daft that this "hanging" $10 bothers me but it really does. It means that I have to be aware of that $10 every time I make a calculation and quite frankly, I'm getting damn sick and bloody tired of it. For this reason I'm just going to go right on ahead and make my calculations by working with a round figure of $5K. I reckon that bearing in mind that £190 got swallowed up, while I made the deposits, I can write off this $10 and allow it to be part of my profits - so there!

No comments:

Post a Comment