Sunday 2 January 2011

First MTT of 2011

Fittingly, my first MTT in 2011 was the $33 buy-in, $5K ADDED for Gold+ Members. There were 181 runners and I just played fairly safe and conservative. By limping in and just crawling along for a minimum cash place finish I certainly didn't deserve any more than the 28th place I nabbed and a payout of $93.87. Nevertheless, this did, at least, give me another profit of ~$60 for Day 2. The highlight, about half-way in, was nabbing this Queen on the river which I later found out, from the chatbox, was a 1-outer.

  
You may question my call of the re-raise but it's very hard to throw away QQ in that spot. Anyway, here's a nice screenshot of my 28th place and my first cash place finish of the year:


I ended the day with just a few orbits on a $25nl table and left while about $8.50 up. Now while I'm not exactly on a heater it's nice to be up after the first two days. However, one always has to be careful about obsessing over one's results. In fact, if you are too heavily results-driven you actually end up not playing your optimum game at the table. Understand that tomorrow is like any other day and anything can happen.

Anyway, in saying all that, I'll obsess one more time. At the end of every week (Sunday evening) I've decided to record my progress and keep a tally of how things are going - just to put things into context.
________________________________________________________________________
ONLINE: WEEK 1+$135 (~£70)  / JANUARY = +$135 (~£70)  / YEAR = +$135 (~£70)
LIVE: N/A

No comments:

Post a Comment