Monday 31 January 2011

A Great Experiment For February. Let's try this...

Ok, people, now that I've had the time and opportunity to clear my head, I've come up with a GREAT experiment for the month of February. The "classic" bankroll management strategy wasn't really my thing so I'm going to try something new for the month of February. In fact, it's so cool and fantastic, you're gonna flip yer flippin lid!

I know I've gone on about the bankroll management thing in the past....and about how it's good and then not so good... etc etc. But I'm just going to put my own wobbly spin on it so here goes:

Live Poker
£1000 will be put aside for the live sessions for the month. I'll take an amount down with me to The Empire or The Fox or The Vic and just play my usual cash game (£1/£1 or £1/£2). I'll have a spin at an MTT or two and just enjoy the experience. If it all goes horribly wrong then my "Stop-Loss Rule" will kick in to prevent me from losing a large sum.

Online Poker
$1000 will be deposited into online poker for the month. I'll continue to play the $100nl and $200nl games but be extremely fussy when it comes to table selection. I'll play less sessions and probably a lot less hands and possibly more MTTs, just to slow everything down a little bit. In saying that, I might try two- or four-tabling the $50nl game just to see how things go.

If I feel I'm still not playing well for whatever reason, or if I'm just getting hammered at the tables constantly then I really will need to reconsider my position with regard to online poker and this blog. It may be that it's just live poker for me from then on. Anyway, let's just wait and see eh?
---------------
As as I say, at the moment if I'm going to play any online poker at all, it will have to be with my PKR points or with my rakeback payment (if that comes before my $1K deposit).  

Until next time...Uncle Wobble.

No comments:

Post a Comment