Thursday 6 January 2011

Doing Good - Taking It Easy

After two-tabling the $100nl game for just 23 hands this evening, I decided to bank a small $48 profit and play the "Stacked Invitational" MTT for $5.50. This is a $500 ADDED event and one of the two low buy-in MTTs that I'm allowing myself for each month. I think the main reason for doing this tonight has to be psychological. Six days in of blogging my progress for 2011 and I'm up $200 and I guess I just want to protect this for a little while and bask in the glory of actually being in the black for the year. I know this is an attitude that professionals cringe at and I know that it's an illogical way of going about building a bankroll but I did intend to ease in gently for the new year and I'm afraid it's just the way it is for the time being.

As the first proper weekend of poker in 2011 approaches I expect to up my game by playing a lot more and I also wish to say goodbye to the $50nl game (or, at the very least, just play $50nl as a last alternative). Finally, I'm considering entering the £30 Freezeout at the Fox Club on Saturday evening. This will be the one live MTT I'm allowing myself per month. The reason for limiting myself to one per month is because if I play a few in quick succession, then I just end up playing badly and even for £30 I don't want to waste my money.

No comments:

Post a Comment