Saturday 1 January 2011

My Second Session of 2011

I will not be doing regular updates like this for all my sessions. It's just because it's the first day of the year and...er...well...ok...it's been a good start. My second session was done on my laptop between 9PM -Midnight while I sat comfortably in my nice armchair while the missus watched a TV drama about the early days of Morecombe and Wise. It wasn't crap TV and I was only single-tabling so I wasn't breaking any of my "Dos and Don'ts."

The session started with a $50nl cash game, single-table, session consisting of 84 hands. Truth be told, it was a tricky table, my results were dire and I was down ~$32 before too long. I then switched to single-tabling a $100nl game and played 77 hands. For about 50 hands it was the same old story - no decent cards, no opportunities, nothing doing and I was down ~$50 into the session. But then the breakthrough occurred:


Flush draw and straight draw - very nice. I aint going anywhere baby! - and certainly not for $16 on the turn!!:


I aint gonna go into the ins and outs of why I played it like this but my opponent questioned my call on the turn and although I was getting desperate I reckon it's not so bad. In any case it went towards giving me the positive start I needed and I end Day 1 being up $66. I'm now off to go kill some virtual orcs and dwarfs and such-like. I'm very aware of the story of the boy who blew his own trumpet too much and ended up turning into an ass but I'll leave you with a screenshot of my PokerOfficer graph for this second session.


P.S. Tomorrow is the $5K ADDED MTT for Gold+ members (buy-in $30) on PKR and it's pretty much the only tourney I really try to make a habit of entering. Unfortunately, I have to finish off some boring admin of the highest order for work so I'll try to finish this by the time the tourny kicks off.

1 comment:

  1. hey wobble could u use something like weaktight for posting hands?

    would be much readable.

    i really dont understand ur passive play with an OESDFD

    i will be really happy to get in there..

    cheers.

    japete

    ReplyDelete