Thursday 13 January 2011

Snap!

Not a good session just now. After dipping my toes into a $200nl game for the first time this year, I also tried my hand at 4-tabling the $100nl tables. The $200nl was uneventful and I dropped around $30. It was nice to get back into that particular saddle for a bit though, even though for a short while. One big hit I took was for around $100 and occurred as I was firing up the four $100nl tables.

I looked down at A 6, hit two pair on the flop, pushed each street, but didn't even look at the river card. As I called a big bet on the river, it was only then that the force of the situation dawned on me and I saw that the river had made it three diamonds on the board and, of course, that he had hit his flush on the river. I then looked at my stack and saw that my initial $100 was down to $6!! Not a good start to 4-tabling for the year. I just wasn't concentrating!!

Lesson Learnt: BE ALERT AS YOU START UP 3-4 TABLES. STUDY THE CARDS AND DON'T JUST PLAY ON AUTO-PILOT.

Anyway, this screenshot may not be THAT unusual but it's curious to look at as it shows me dealt two black jacks at the same time at two tables. Another interesting one for the album:


Incidentally, just for the record, the one on the right saw me just flat call the 1st villain's initial bet on the flop but then saw me make a good fold as the 2nd villain check-raised this bet to $27 and the 1st villain re-raise all-in! Villain #1 showed down pocket 9s to villain #2 to take the pot with a set. (I know there is a definite case for me to check-raise the flop myself here but you can stick that idea up your arse.) The one on the left saw me take down ~$30. I'm down ~ $130 for the whole session though. What a pile of balls.

No comments:

Post a Comment