Saturday 1 January 2011

SnGs & MTTs - Sharkscope Stats Reset

In the spirit of resetting all my records back to zero for the new year, I have decided to reset my sharkscope graph so I get a clean and fresh start. I subscribed to sharkscope to do this ($9.99 for 200 searches) but I think it was worth it. My graph, or rather non-existent graph, now looks like this:




SnGs - I will not play these often.

MTTs - Entry to fast-structured MTTs will be kept down to a minimum with the odd entry to freezeouts with a $30-$50 entry fee. I'll enter the $5K ADDED MTT for Gold+ members whenever possible.

Satellites - I'll enter a few of these with an entry fee of around $10-$40. 
-------------

For the sake of posterity I'm going to post my sharkscope graphs as of 31st December 2010. Yes, you're absolutely right, I probably wouldn't do this if they were below $0 but you know how it is, poker players are painful egomaniacs at heart.

GRAPH 1 - This is my SnG graph up to the end of December 2010. All sharkscope graphs for PKR start from around mid-December 2007 or, if beyond that, whenever the player started playing.  I started playing at PKR from December 2006 so this misses pretty much my entire results for 2007 but does track my results over three years from mid-December 2007.


As you can see I had a great first 600 games before things started to go horribly wrong over the next 200 games. Only a 1st place finish in the "Phase Tournies" managed to wipe away the deficit.

-------------
GRAPH 2 - This is my MTT graph up to the end of December 2010.

In my humble opinion, as you can see, this graph shows that I'm pretty damn shit hot at MTTs. However, joking aside, it's a bit of a swizz as the sample size (490 games) is so small. Let's be fair, I got very lucky by getting back-to-back final table finishes in two MTTs where $5000 was added to the prize pool! Furthermore, I believe that the game around the 470th mark that shows a ~$500 profit was my PKR Live 5 place - a tourny where I actually won Sweet Fanny Adams! Anyway, onto the last one...

GRAPH 3 - This just shows all games played up to the end of 2010.


This graph shows my results reaching up into the stratosphere in 2010 (relatively speaking, of course, this is a tiny rise in comparison to many others). Nevertheless, I'm still of the opinion that to make big money in MTTs you need a lot more luck than those who make big money in cash games.

Anyway, the graph has been reset, the new year is upon us - onwards and upwards!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment