Saturday 29 January 2011

Will Saturday Night Be All Right?

As we near the end of the month, I've had mixed blessings with this poker lark. So far, this year, I'm down $550 at the online game. However, with the help of just two magnificent hands at The Empire - one after the other - my live earnings amount to ~$960. This shows just how this game can swing around. Over 5K hands played online (possibly around 120 hours of play), has been overshadowed by the might of two live cash game hands within 5 minutes!

Anyway, today I have decided that I need to take myself off down town for another live session. I'm going to take out the maximum allowed from the cash machine (£250), leave the card at home as usual, and head for The Empire for the £1/£2 cash games. I don't really like starting with just £250 when the maximum allowed is £400 but I guess I'll just have to take it as I find it. Also, I know I said I'd limit myself to just one live freeze-out MTT per month but as I had so much fun last time I might well give the 7PM, £35 freeze-out another try at The Fox. But, of course, this depends on how I get on at The Empire.

The £250, by the way, is almost my entire profit from poker this year and if I get a wipe-out, I'll be pretty much back to break-even. It'll be a case of starting all the way back at square one as we kick-off into February. (Ho-hum, the fun that we have eh?)

No comments:

Post a Comment