Monday 10 January 2011

$50nl / $100nl / $200nl

Based on all the HEM data from last year and, indeed, the PokerOfficer graphs for this year a few conclusions can be drawn regarding the limits in the title of this post.

The most glaring has to be the relative poor health of my $50nl cash game in comparison to the other limits. In a nutshell, I'm not making anywhere near the same proportion of money at $50nl that I have made at $200nl. In fact, I could even be heading for break-even point at $50nl at the rate I am currently going.

Now you would think that if anyone can churn out a decent profit at $200nl for the year, they should be able to do the same - with ease - at $50nl but sadly this is just not the case. With all this data, a large part of me says that my style of play is just more suited to the $200nl game - even more so than $100nl.

True to my Action Plan For 2011 I have stuck to easing in gently this year by just playing $50nl and $100nl. I have stuck to single-tabling or two-tabling but I now think it's certainly time to break my link with nl50 - especially in the light of the fact that my game at that level is just going nowhere.

As I use a PC and a laptop to play and I don't want to merge the hand history files (it corrupts the data), I'm going to have to give two graphs for my nl50 and two graphs for nl100. These are my graphs for the year 2011 so far:

GRAPH 1 - $50NL ON THE LAPTOP




GRAPH 2 - $50NL ON THE PC




GRAPH 3 - $100NL ON THE LAPTOP



GRAPH 4 - $100NL ON THE PC





GRAPH 5 - PROFIT AND LOSSES FOR EACH LEVEL FOR 2010 (HEM):



It's not altogether conclusive but I don't think it needs an Albert Einstein to work out that I'm just not making great strides in my game when it comes to nl50. Therefore, I am taking the decision today to make regular sessions at $50nl a thing of the past. It's onward and upward to the $100nl game and, in future, I'll only go down to $50nl if I feel the need to slow down.

Finally, when it comes to nl200, there are four courses of action:

1.  Earn my right to play nl200 by building up my bankroll to ~$7-$8K through playing nl100.
2.  Buy my right to play by depositing a $1K or $3K top-up.
3.  Carry on playing nl100 but just move up when it feels right to do so.
4.  Carry on playing nl100 but just don't move up.

It just remains for me to keep playing and to see how things develop

No comments:

Post a Comment