Sunday 30 January 2011

JANUARY - UPDATE #1

Well I know there's still one day left to go in January but I won't be playing any poker tomorrow, that's for sure, so it's a wrap for the month. It's been pretty wild for me and I'm afraid January has to be chalked up as certainly one of my worst ever months at online poker. In contrast, it's been a cracking good month at the live game even though I've only been out two nights to play!! What a start to the blog eh?

I'm not going to go into all the details and open up old wounds again cos, quite frankly, it will depress me. What mainly concerns me now is the route to take with the blog. What started off as a well-planned journey has just got a little complicated. The bizarre thing is, I'm actually UP £400 (~$620) for the year but even though this should be a cause for celebration, my online game has really messed things up - particularly as my reaction to it was to just get my bankroll out of the site. (I just cashed out my last $150.)

This has often been my response in the past and it's just my default reaction when things get rough which is something I just can't seem to shake off. Unfortunately, it could be difficult to keep the blog going on a daily basis if I have no online bankroll to keep my hand in.  What I'll need to do is clear my head a bit and have a big think over the next few days as to what I should do. After a short period, I'll probably end up re-depositing and starting all over again (it's what I usually do) but due to the exchange rate rip-off this is really not something I want to make a habit of doing (although I already have really).

Still, there is a player at PKR who goes by the username of MacDaddyNo1 who has just taken down the GUKPT £1070 main event in Manchester. Prior to this he made a post in the PKR forum bemoaning the fact that he was on the "biggest downswing" of his poker playing career. It just goes to show that these things can really turn around. In fact, here's a picture of him which I grabbed from the live feed just after he had won:


Well-done to Mackie D! Anyway, I'll leave you, then, with my stats for the month but who knows what February will bring?

__________________________________________________________________________
ONLINE: JANUARY -$860 (~£530)  /  YEAR: -$860 (~£530)
LIVE: JANUARY +£960 (~$1480)  /  YEAR: +£960 (~$1480)
TOTAL: JANUARY +$620 (~£400)  /  YEAR +$620 (~£400)

No comments:

Post a Comment